Altocerro is a tourist complex made up of 34 independent villas and a hotel with 8 rooms plus 6 suites for a total of 68 rooms. The project is located in the beautiful valley of Constanza, in the same Cordillera Central, at an altitude of 1,100 meters above sea level, with a temperature that fluctuates between 10 and 20 degrees Celsius throughout the year.
All villas and hotel rooms have verandas and balconies with panoramic views of the valley. The villas are equipped with cable TV, telephone, refrigerator, stove, complete kitchen set, linen, disposable, bathrooms with hot water and emergency power plant and fireplace.
In the Reception and Administration building is the Lobby with a waiting room equipped with a fireplace, Mini-Market and a Restaurant on the second level with several terraces facing the Constanza Valley.
Altocerro also has a camping area, at the back of the hill, equipped with a main kiosk with capacity for 150 people, BBQ area, bathrooms with showers, zipline, billiards and others. Right in this same area, there are other small kiosks with facilities for BBQ’s, children’s games and a campfire area.
The property is surrounded by our beautiful gardens of exotic fruits, innumerable amount of flora and fauna that can be appreciated in several trails within the complex.
Facilities you can find Altocerro:
- Mini market
- Camping area
Convention center, unique in the area, with two closed rooms, with a capacity ranging from 60 to 300 people, equipped with dressing rooms and a stage, a bar area and a terrace, ideal for events, meetings or seminars.
We also have several terraces and gazebos for activities, including:
- WATER KIOSK: with a capacity of 150 people, it is ideal for celebrating activities such as weddings, baptisms, birthdays, among others, while enjoying nature
that surrounds us.
- CAMPING AREA: In which you will find a kiosk with a capacity for 100 people, it has a BBQ area and it is ideal for daytime activities, since in the same area we have, games for children, zip line, horses and a large expanse of grass, for the enjoyment of young and old.
- RESTAURANT: In our Restaurant you will find an attentive and trained staff willing to satisfy the most demanding tastes, specializing in traditional Dominican cuisine. With two large terraces with unbeatable views of the valley, we have an organic garden, a seasonal menu, as well as a healthy menu.
In addition, the beautiful complex has spectacular accommodations such as:
The Constanza Valley is located in the Cordillera Central at approximately 1,250 meters above sea level. The town of Constanza is the highest on the island.
The main economic activities are agriculture and tourism. Its temperate climate, with an average annual temperature of 18 degrees C, is perfect for growing flowers, vegetables and fruits, the most striking being strawberry, peach, kiwi, persimmon, apple, plum, Japanese medlar, strawberry guava and among others. .
Within its tourist attractions in Constanza, among many others, the following stand out:
- FALLS OF WHITE WATERS
- NEW VALLEY NATIONAL PARK
- THE PYRAMIDS
- MONUMENT TO FRANCISCO A. CAAMAÑO
- EL ARROYAZO SPA
- GREEN EBONY SCIENTIFIC RESERVE
- THE LETTERED STONES
- MONUMENT TO THE DIVINE CHILD
- OUR LADY OF THE MERCEDES CHURCH
The so-called Enchanted Valley of the Caribbean, is an ideal place for lovers of ecotourism, where they can practice, Hiking, Agrotourism, Bicycle rides within the Bike Path, horseback riding, among others. It also has a wide range for those seeking adventure tourism: Mountain Bike, Four Wheel, Paragliding, Enduro, Mountaineering, Jeep safari.
El Arroyazo is a spa whose current is born within the wooded area in the south-southwest limit of the Reserve. As it falls, in small waterfalls and between rapids, the water has formed a large pool in the middle of an immense rock. It is one of the most pleasant baths with waters that average 14 degrees Celsius. For those who like to walk on foot, you can reach El Arroyazo from the paseo entre las Nubes through a path specially designed for it.
To learn more about other interesting places in the Dominican Republic, follow us at visitadominicana.com
How to get to Altocerro: CLICK HERE!